A six-days multi-sport competition for the advertising action ”Land of Irbis”
A multi-sport adventure race ordered by the “Derbes” brewery was presented in Autumn 2006, by Trekking Club team, and included the following elements:
- a speed-climbing to a mountain top in Zailisky Alatay (over 4000 meters above sea level)
- a rafting by Ili river
- an archery tournament (target)
- a horse-riding competition with the elements of map navigation
- mountain-bike riding combined with a GPS-orienteering
- rock climbing competition with “speed” and “complexity” ranges
- construction of a traditional kazak “yurta” house
An event was planned and presented in 7 days, and all the stages were held in different places and geographical zones from glaciers to semidesert, according to the customer’s request. Further to a scenario agreed, all the remote sites were activities took places, though were concentrated in Almaty oblast (region).
16 race participants were living in a very comfortable mobile base camp taking 3-meals a day. A team of Trekking Club professionals was not only doing with a logistics and transport, as well as a mobile camping providing, but also organized the activity itself, refereeing and safety/security tasks.